Home > Admissions > Direct School Admission to Sec 1 in 2022
Direct School Admission to Sec 1 in 2022
|Day in the Life of a Patrician|
|He who wills, can!|
DSA-SEC APPLICATION FOR 2022 INTAKE
Male students from primary schools completing their PSLE examinations in academic year 2021, who meet the following criteria, are invited to apply for Direct School Admission to St. Patrick’s School:
|Area of Interest||Minimum criteria|
A current member of the school band / guitar ensemble with some playing experience with relevant instrument/s.
Attainment of an ABRSM grade (Theory and/or practical) or equivalent on a musical instrument.
Represented school or any external organisation in a dance event
Displays talent in Dance during audition.
Represented school or any external organisation in a Drama/Play/Musical event
Displays talent in Drama during audition.
Represented School/Club/Academy in any tournaments or any local / overseas competitions
Be able to demonstrate talent / attributes in football.
|Track & Field||
Participated in National Inter School Championships or any local / overseas competitions,
Be able to demonstrate talent / attributes in track & field.
Participated in National / Zonal Inter School Championships or any local / overseas competitions,
Be able to demonstrate talent / attributes in badminton.
Participated in National Inter School Championships.
Participated in tournaments organised by SPEX, Intermediate or KLM.
Minimum USGA Handicap Index of not more than 24.0 (as of
1st April 2016) from a bona fide club affiliated to a recognized golf association
Represented School / Club in SCA competitions or equivalent.
Be able to demonstrate talent / attributes in cricket.
Application procedure and information
- Application for DSA-Sec can be submitted through the online DSA-Sec Portal. The application is free-of-charge and will be open from 5 May 2021, 11am to 1 Jun 2021, 3pm. For more details, please refer to MOE website – www.moe.gov.sg/dsa-sec
- Parents and students are encouraged to choose schools wisely based on the student’s aptitudes and strengths, bearing in mind the schools’ academic and non-academic requirements, and the programmes available to develop the area of talent.
- Meeting all the criteria does not guarantee the student will be shortlisted / given an offer.
- Students who are successfully admitted to the school via DSA are expected to honour their commitment to the school and participate in the activities related to the talent they are selected for from year 1- 4. If your child is not able to fulfil the DSA commitment without valid reasons, they may be required to transfer out to another school.
- The school's decision on the offer is final. We regret that no appeal will be entertained. The school reserves the right not to disclose the reason for non-selection of an applicant or to release the results of the trials.
Audition & Panel Interview via e-mode
For Performing Arts:
- Shortlisted applicants will be required to play a piece of their choice on their instrument / perform an excerpt for the e-audition.
- Successful applicants from the auditions may be required to do an e-interview after the e-audition.
For Sports and Games:
- Shortlisted applicants may be required to perform a skills e-trial for the respective sports.
- Successful applicants from the skills e-trial may be required to do an e-interview after the e-trial.
- Applicants are to provide their own sporting equipment or gear for the e-trial.
All applicants will be required to declare any medical status at the start of their e-trials / auditions.
|5 May (Wednesday)||Information about DSA application to St. Patrick’s School will be published on the school’s website at http://www.stpatricks.moe.edu.sg/|
5 May (Wednesday), 11 am
(Tuesday), 3 pm
DSA-Sec Online Application via
More information about the DSA-Sec Exercise can be found at
31 August (Tuesday)
CCA e-Auditions, e-Trials and e-interviews
Notification of results
Shortlisted applicants will be informed of the schedule through email or telephone.
Both successful and unsuccessful applicants will be notified through post / email.
No results of applications will be released or confirmed through telephone enquiries.
- Application can only be done through the DSA-Sec Portal from 5th May 2021 to 1st June 2021.
- Please follow the instructions in the DSA-Sec Portal carefully.
- Shortlisted applicants will be notified to produce certified true photocopies of supporting documents through email.