Direct School Admission to Sec 1 in 2023
|Day in the Life of a Patrician|
|He who wills, can!|
DSA-SEC APPLICATION FOR 2023 INTAKE
Male students from primary schools completing their PSLE examinations in academic year 2022, who meet the following criteria, are invited to apply for Direct School Admission to St. Patrick’s School:
Leadership and Uniformed Groups
Area of Interest
National Cadet Corps (NCC) Land,
National Police Cadet Corps (NPCC),
Hold key leadership positions in any school Leadership Boards (eg Head or Deputy Head Prefect, etc) or Uniformed Groups in their primary school
Demonstrated exemplary character and leadership in their primary school
Area of Interest
A current member of the school band / guitar ensemble with some playing experience with relevant instrument/s.
Attainment of an ABRSM grade (Theory and/or practical) or equivalent on a musical instrument.
Represented school or any external organisation in a Drama/Play/Musical event
Represented school or any external organisation in a dance event
Sports and Games
Area of Interest
Participated in National / Zonal Inter School Championships or any local / overseas competitions,
Be able to demonstrate talent / attributes in badminton / Floorball.
Represented School / Club in SCA competitions or equivalent.
Represented School/Club/Academy in any tournaments or any local / overseas competitions.
Minimum USGA Handicap Index of not more than 24.0 (as of
Participated in National Inter School Championships.
Participated in tournaments organised by SPEX, Intermediate or KLM.
Track & Field
Participated in National Inter School Championships or any local / overseas competitions,
Be able to demonstrate talent / attributes in track & field.
Applicants not studying in MOE mainstream primary schools:
* Applicants are to apply for a Registration number (RGxxxxxx) to access the DSA-Sec Portal at https://go.gov.sg/nmsdsa-sec-application.
Students who are admitted through DSA, will be expected to remain and honour his commitment to the DSA School that he is posted to, for the duration of the programme that he has applied for and been admitted into.
Audition & Panel Interview
For Leadership and Uniformed Groups:
1. Applicants are required to attend an interview.
(Interview dates will be notified on school website by 1st July 2022)
For Performing Arts:
1. Applicants are required to play a piece of their choice on their instrument. Applicants will also be given a separate piece to sight-read followed by a short listening test.
2. Applicants are to bring their own instruments for the audition. Only percussion instruments and piano will be provided for audition.
3. Shortlisted applicants will be invited for an interview on a separate date.
For Sports and Games:
1. Applicants are required to attend a trial for the respective sports.
(Trial dates will be notified on school website by 1st July 2022)
2. Only shortlisted applicants will be invited for additional trials and/or interview.
3. Applicants are to bring their own personal sporting equipment or gear for the trials.
- All applicants will be required to declare any medical status at the start of their trials / auditions for safety reasons.
- Students who are unable to attend trials/interviews due to having tested positive for Covid-19 during the trial/interview period may be asked to attend a trial/interview by e-mode.
20 April (Thursday)
Information about DSA application to St. Patrick’s School will be published on the school’s website at http://www.stpatricks.moe.edu.sg/
5 May (Thursday) to
1 June (Wednesday)
DSA-Sec Online Application
More information about the DSA-Sec Exercise can be found at
4 July (Monday) to
19 August (Friday)
CCA Auditions, Trials and interviews.
Shortlisted applicants will be informed of the schedule through email or telephone.
1 September to 8 September
Notification of results
Both successful and unsuccessful applicants will be notified through post / email.
No results of applications will be released or confirmed through telephone enquiries.
1. Application can only be done through the DSA-Sec Portal from 5th May to 1st June 2022.
2. Please follow the instructions in the DSA-Sec Portal carefully.
3. Shortlisted applicants may be notified to produce certified true photocopies of supporting documents.
For any enquiries, please contact the following personnel:-
1. Mr Irwan Wijaya, HOD CCA (email@example.com / 6344 0929)
2. Mr Seow Jian Ting, DSA Coordinator (firstname.lastname@example.org / 6344 0929)